Sunday, May 20, 2012

DIY! (Maybe or Maybe not)

As Salaamu Alaikum, I was just asked a question about 10 minutes I would like to share it with you all. "Why do you do everything yourself, why don't you just use the websites that are there to help you?" My response to this I would like to share because perhaps many of you have this same question. My answer to that is I am old school, I guess, coming around to new school. When I started homemaking It was 16 years ago and we didn't have a computer, I didn't have a television and I also didn't have friends who were doing the same things I was doing. In fact some of them thought I was crazy and still do. They are on this page and can attest to that. So everything I did and do I learned along the way through trial and error. I feel that this way has helped me to solidify what I do and makes it easier. I started with nothing but paper and pencil and ideas of what I needed to do to make life easier and went from there. Now there are many sites and people are making big money on ideas that have been practiced for centuries, just never written down or shared other than in families. My goal is to empower all of you to be able to do your own thing in your own way, and if you need the extra help sure why not use the Internet, but ladies I say to you, why not start your own thing and if you like let's start that Muslim empire of websites, where we share with each other what we know and have learned along the way. That is my goal and I am a DIY. I am not sure if that answered her question and I am not sure if it will always be this way, I am still learning and bumping into things along the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment