Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Organization

Homemakers Tip of the Day:

"Organize and De-Clutter" How can I do this? I really don't know how. I have tried this before, and what does it mean? Ladies have you ever found yourself uttering one of these sentences above, or simply just felt overwhelmed by the prospect of taking on such a big task? If so I would like to make it a little easier. I have said organize your homes to you all before, however I am aware that this may not be as simple as I make it sound. So today I would like to share a few simple rules for doing this and I want you to keep in mind that it isn't something that has to be done all at once. Take baby steps and eventually you will look back and be across the room.

Rule 1: Pick a Place for Everything. ("A place for everything, and everything in its place”) is a watchword for true home organization. Possessions, like people, need homes. Find them that home, defend their turf with labels, dividers and organizers, and you’ve won most of the battle for an organized home. Be creative when it comes to finding homes for household stuff and rearrange your thinking.


Rule 2: Bring the Family on Board. Any organizing system will fail unless all family members understand it and follow it.


Rule 3: Create Centers for Household Activities

Insha Allah on tomorrow we will take the first step and that is figuring out how to put these rules into play. I will be going through a step by step process and using photos to help make it clearer. To be continued....
Enjoy your day!

No comments:

Post a Comment