Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Home Schooling Advice

I don't claim to be the expert on home schooling, nor do I claim to have perfected it. My only claim is I am a homeschooler! I am a teacher and as a teacher I take my profession seriously. It isn't easy and sometimes can be downright frustrating, but their are a few tips on making your day and the day of your precious little ones a lot easier.

Step 1: Always be prepared (lesson plans, materials needed, and back up lessons should someone finish early or be unable to complete lesson.)
Step 2: Be consistent ( like any profession you can't just take time off in the middle of the day without getting permission or decide out of the blue that today I will not be working.) We are teachers and  we don't have substitues, school must go on.
Step 3: Be exciting and creative ( "make learning fun and it gets done")
Step 4: Be organized ( Have a specific room for homeschooling with proper places for everything. Remember "A place for everything and everything in its place.
Step 5: Study and learn yourself. (Take courses even it you have to learn from another teacher.  Learn how to lesson plan for every learning style, learn to use the resources and technology available to us.
Step 6: Be patient (with yourself and your students/children.)






No comments:

Post a Comment