Saturday, May 12, 2012

Prayer Schedules

Good Morning and happy Saturday, today is May 12th and Alhumdulilah I am happy to be here to speak with you all today. If you all are anything like me your days probably look something like this. Wake up super early, pray Fajr, take care of household chores, take care of children, cook a few hundred meals for super picky people, clean again, take care of husband and try your best not to pass out. Whoa what a day, but wait in all of that where is your time for yourself, not just to rest and relax, but to increase your ibadaat and knowledge in Islam. This is a tricky thing, but it most certainly can be done!

Okay, we all know that this needs to take place, but what we may not know is how best to do this. over the next few weeks I will be posting little tips and ideas for not only increasing your iman and beneficial knowledge, but also for maintaining what you have already. We need this because the biggest part of our profession as Full time Muslim Mommies and Wives is raising our family upon Quran and Sunnah and how can we do this if we don't know it?

One of the best ways I have found that I can maintain my Quran is to make a prayer chart. I use this as a way to review. What I have found works best for me is to start from the beginning of what I have memorized and go to the back until I have completed it all. Then I start all over again this time adding the new Ayaat that I have memorized over the week. I make a weekly chart and review what is written in it and also recite it in each salat that I have specified it for. I am including a photo of my review/prayer chart and you can make one similar to it, insha Allah it will prove to be beneficial. Ameen.

In closing I will be posting everyday a new tip and idea to help us all to be the best mommies and wives we can be Insha Allah. I pray that you find it beneficial. Ameen


1 comment:

  1. As salaamu alaykum, great tip. I do something similar, but I use it mostly to review all my known surahs in general, not what I am currently working on, so I may revise to include what I am currently working on as well as you suggested. I have a little template that I made up: http://tjislamicstudies.blogspot.com/2011/10/vary-recitation-during-salaat-form.html (there's a pdf here.)

    Great blog, you are very inspiring. Thanks for sharing and advising. May Allah reward you for your efforts.

    ReplyDelete